Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blog Post #2

So far, the reading in A Long Way Gone is going pretty well and I enjoy the story so far, as it is nice and flowing, and I'm really put in the point of view of Ishmael. What I remember most about the story so far is how Ishmael and his friends were so involved in Rap music, and loved to have fun and just be kids, but all that was eventually stripped away. I found this absolutely heart-wrenching. At the moment, my only curiosity is how these kids became capable of commiting cold-blooded murder. Obviously they were brainwashed, but I feel there was more to it.

3 comments:

  1. It is really hard to imagine how their lives can take such a significant turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also curiosis how these kids and why these kids will commit murder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that it's just so hard to think about how someone can change so much. Obviously like you said they have to be brainwashed in some way but your life taking such a dramatic turn just has to be so hard to cope with and comprehend.

    ReplyDelete