Monday, January 30, 2012

Exploration 5



After I read the critic reviews of the film Blood Diamond, I got a better understanding of this movie. In the critic reviews, they force three important things, one of them is the overall of the move, the best example in the movie and the weakness of the movie. The critic reviews said the best example of the film’s inadequacies is its finale, which Vandy is about to testify in a congressional meeting, “The screen fades to black and a title screen appears urging consumers not to buy smuggled “blood” diamonds. Once that screen fades to black, a loud gangster rap song about diamonds blares through the speakers and the confusion sets in. We know that the film offers an important message, but it is hidden by sensational vignettes of violence and a public service announcement.”


My favorite character in this movie is Soloman Vandy. He is a loving husband and father. He sends his son Dia to school to learn English, so the boy will grow up to have a better life. But one day, Solomon’s family is ripped from rebels and he is sent to work the find diamonds. In this movie, unlike Archer, Solomon focus finds his wife, two daughters and his son, and he makes a deal with archer, for the diamond, he will help the man find his wife and children. One of quotes that most stood out to me was said by Solomon. When Dia point gun to Archer, Solomon said, “I know they made you do bad things, but you are not bad boy.” I feel like this quote is important, I learned Solomon was care about his son, and Solomon think whatever Dia did is not his fault. Solomon really want help Dia to go back his normal life.

4 comments:

  1. Soloman was my favorite character in the movie as well. I really liked the fact that he was going to do whatever it took to get his family back. I think that quote you picked showed how much love he had for his family. Even though he knew Dia did horrible things to innocent people, he was able to look past it immediately because he knew that wasn't how Dia truly was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote you used is a very good quote to show these boys aren't bad, but were more like forced to do the things they did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your analysis and description of Solomon. I actually also chose to do my character analysis on him, because he was my favorite character in the movie. The quote you used was so powerful and is really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the main character in this movie is Soloman vandy and he also my favorite character due to the obsticles surranded him

    ReplyDelete