Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heavy D and the Boyz

First off, here is a link to a video of the song referred to in the book.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNEgUPKxk7A

Heavy D's real name was Dwight Myers and he's about my age.  He was born in 1968 but just died now in November of 2011.

The other groups can tell you more, but I just wanted to give you an example of pictures and links.  Get used to using the blog and teaching your classmates through writing.  That way we all know more together as we read the book!

Mike


Here are some lyrics from their most famous song Now That We Found Love.

(Now that we found love what are we going to do)
[what are we going to do] (with it) [with it]
(Now that we found love what are we going to do)
[hey-eay] (with it)

(Now) One two, tell me what you got
Let me slip my quarters inside your slot to hit the jackpot
Rev me up rev me up
My little buttercup
We can tug sheets snuggle up & get stuck
Believe it or not
Here comes the brother with glow
A strugglin´, bubblin´ overweight lover hurt prone
So what´s it going to be
Me or the TV
Now let me take time to set your mind & your body free
(Now) So why don´t you just stretch
Stretch for a sec
Played ??? so I could cop a quick rec
Shake me, Shake me
Baby baby bake me
No need to fake here I´m
C´mon & take me
Wind your body
Baby move your body
I see you slip sliding
C´mon now do it hottie
I am not quite sure as to what is going down
But I am feeling Hunky Dory
´bout this thing that I found

(Now that we found love what are we going to do with it)
(Now that we found love what are we going to do
with it) [c´mon Heavy, c´mon Heavy]

2 comments:

  1. Heavy D was once considered the best rapper in the world thats how good he was

    ReplyDelete