Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Long Way Gone (3 Chapters In)

A Long Way gone is extremely engaging and keeps my eyes in the pages once i start reading. I enjoy books that give us views and perspectives from settings on the other side of the globe. So far, this novel reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time, Blood Diamond with Leonardo Dicaprio; however, in the novel, the story is depicted through a child looking death straight in the face while in the movie, scenes are channeled through a father's eyes that lost his son during excruciating times. The film was purely amazing; I hope A Long Way Gone coincides.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen that movie, but it sounds kind of good. I might have to go watch it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this book will be pretty good because the author will address how he became a cold-blooded killer, which was shown pretty graphically in Blood Diamond

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood Diamond was a really good movie, I believe that Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing in it. There was a lot of violence in it and there is a lot of violence in the book and maybe more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book is written in such a way I can imagine my self in the places. I can practically see whiole the scene playing in front of me. nI have never Blood diamond i should probably watch it.

    ReplyDelete