Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Long Way Gone

A Long Way Gone has been a very interesting book to read so far. Since we're only on the third chapter, I don't completely know everything that is going on, but it's been a very exciting beginning. The book has been filled with action, which I think is one aspect that makes it interesting, and the fact that this story actually happened makes it ever more interesting. One of the parts of the story that really sticks out in my memory is the very first time Ishmael witnesses death. I feel like seeing someone die right in front of you would be horrible to begin with, but being so young, and witnessing such a dramatic death would just be life changing. I don't have any questions yet, I'm just excited to continue reading.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you that witnessing someone dying in front of him and at such a young age had to be such a horrifying experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about the first scene too, it stuck out in my memory the most too. I like the book so far too it has lots of action like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about witnessing a death first hand would be a life changer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree i feel like if you witness a death first hand your life had to have changed after that moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you the book is fill with inteseting points.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The agree with you the book is really interesting. Everybody is talking of the
    Movie blood diamond we should definitely watch it

    ReplyDelete