Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My thoughts on A Long Way Gone

The reading in "A Long Way Gone" is going pretty good so far. I am learning new facts about why people in Africa are always dying from war and disease. What I remember mostly from the reading is the Transformation of the main character from a good kid into a cold blooded killer. The conflicts that are present in the novel is the war in the country and that internal and external conflict in the main characters thoughts.

Why did he want to fight even if it meant killing innocent people?

2 comments:

  1. It sticks out to me too that he starts as a young and innocent boy and somehow becomes a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too eagerly waiting to read how a innocent boy turns into cold blooded killer. So far, i learned Ishmael will be going through hard situations which will turn him into the monster.

    ReplyDelete