Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sierra Leonean Cuisine


Sierra Leone offers a wide variety of cuisine, consisting of rice, meats, and exotic vegetables. As Sierra Leone is located in a coastal region, sea food is eaten quite frequently, such as lobster and shrimp. Some unique vegetarian Sierra Leonean dishes than may be eaten, include fried plantains, or root vegetables such as cassava and yams. Stews are also exceeding popular in Sierra Leonean cuisine, a few popular stes being okra stew, and groundnut (peanut) stew. For more information, go to http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Sierra_Leonean_Cuisine Peanut Stew

4 comments:

  1. Fried Plantains are sooo delicious and so is seafood. I love seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never would have thought that they ate things like lobster and shrimp. I am not sure that i would ever want to try peanut stew it doesn't sound that appetizing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seafood rocks! I don't think I could eat peanut stew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like seafood at all really, and peanut stew doesn't sound too good either. I don't think I would be eating much in Sierra Leone!

    ReplyDelete