Friday, February 17, 2012

Defining a Woman's Character


When most women think about beauty, all they do is try to put as much make up on as they can. When I read the essay that talks about this situation, I suddenly realized that the true beauty of a women is her character and not they way she dresses. For me, that thought has always been a factor of what I see about women. I see men treat women like they are objects and not human beings. What struck me most about the evidence of the essay is that Tannen and Postrel try to give examples of what happened to their lives and other women that face the same issue when it comes to beauty. The thesis of the essay is that a women's beauty does not show what type of person she is, but what does is her character.

3 comments:

  1. I thought this was a very good response. I agree with you that beauty is often thought of as how much makeup you can put on, and how "fake" you can look. I'm glad to see that you see differently then the majority of society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said in the blog. You are a genius my friend. Its crazy how people are over looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you shared intersting point in here. its more important to focus on the character than the fake makeup.

    ReplyDelete