Thursday, February 9, 2012

Overcoming All the Prejudice


First
I enjoyed reading, Inner Peace and Human Right because I strongly agree that, “True peace with oneself and with the world around us can only be achieved through the development of mental peace.” In order to overcome obstacles within yourself and the world around you, you have to start with the progress of your own mental peace and happiness. I wish there was some way we could overcome all the prejudice and hatred of the world. Tenzin Gyato, the 14th Dalai Lama, goes out of his way to explain the Five Point Peace Plan. I respect what the Dalai Lama is trying to get across, and hopefully we can all look at Peace the way he did and put aside the hate.
Second
BogyokeAung San, the father of Aung San Suu Kyi, was known for founding the Burmese Independence Army. In 1947, he negotiated Burma’s independence from British Empire. Unfortunately, Aung San’s rivals leading back to the former Prime Minister, U Saw, didn’t approve of his doings and assassinated him, along with six cabinet members not long after establishing independence. Sadly, Aung San Suu Kyi was about the age two when her father was assassinated.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is important for everybody to have inner peace too. If they don't have peace within their own minds, there is no way people are going to be able to have peace elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree Alexis true peace can only be achieved if you have mental peace with yourself.in my opinion i think that was his thesis when he made his speech

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that Kyi's father's death had quite a bit of impact on her philosophy about life. She got involved in politics as a result of her father's involvement in the Burmese army. Also, I agree with that quote you chose! I used it in my exploration as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading that her mother didn't fighting even after, they assassinated her husband. I think her mothers determination had impacted her to join politics. I agree the quote from the very beginning is a powerful quote because he is saying that in order to achieve peace we should achieve peace in our self first and then, share it with your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete