Friday, February 17, 2012

What do you know about beauty? When I first start readying the essay, I thought it’s all about how women looks in makeup, but i as read throughout the whole article. I was shocked how media attracts women, and make them obsessed to makeup. The only part that media shows us is the good part, such as showing a women that is already beautiful in commercial scenes, and that’s how the media and the companies who is producing the product caught every women’s eyes. This part of the essay struck me well. “Like the rest of the genetic lottery, beauty is unfair. Everyone falls shorts of perfection, but some are luckier than others”. That is really deep massage to all women. My point is our society believes what media shows them. where does beauty comes from or do you get it?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you media plays big role attracting women. it's not fair with every women

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose the same quote. I also agree that media only shows us the "good part" however, I feel thats it is what people demand. I dont think people would like to see a normal girl in a ad in exception to those really thin models. Nevertheless, i thuink this campaign opened eyes becasue the theme of it was showing the true colors of nature.

    ReplyDelete