Saturday, March 10, 2012

Extra Credit Assignment


I chose my paragraph from Refugees United’s essay. For this assignment, we had to write about one experience where we had to make decision that changed our lives. Also, talk about of life in college. I chose this particular assignment because this is a self realization paper.  I grew up very simple community where I never had to worry about anything and could enjoy my life. My family is always very supportive and protective about me. My parents take care of all my needs.  I had preferred that life be different. I felt that I was not having my freedom because I felt I was dependent on them. This is the reason why I blamed my parents for raising me in a simple neighborhood. I wanted adventures, but I didn’t realize how lucky I was. After watching the movie, the only thing that came to my mind was my childhood. The kids this movie struggle to find food to survive. Whereas, I took advantage of the love my parents showered on me. That’s the reason I chose this paragraph.


I said, “I have never been through anything like Byrahanga did. I always thought I had a boring life and I blamed my parents for raising me in such a simple neighborhood. Now, I have realized how arrogant I was because there are people in this world who would do anything to be in my place. I guess I could call my life boring, but I would prefer this boring life over Byrahanga’s Life.”
                



No comments:

Post a Comment