Monday, March 12, 2012

Extra Credit

I choose to read exploration 3 about the Martin Luther King speech "Mountain Top". I read to you a paragraph that I have written in response to the speech, it says: A practical solution he gives his audience is that they need to march again. That it wasn’t an option; they have to march again in order to put the issue where it needed to be. They needed to force everyone to see the suffering. To reinforce his point he used a story that if everyone goes down the road asking what will happen to me, then nothing will be done. The question should not be what will happen to me, but what will happen to them. It at least for me, made me relate to the problem. Most people do not think about what will happen to the other person if they are scared of what will happen to them, but it was a good point. This idea should still be used today. Not with the black rights issue, but with other issues. You have to not only think about yourself, but everyone else.


video

No comments:

Post a Comment