Friday, March 9, 2012

The Hobart Shakespeareans (Final Post for Class)

I thought the video we watched in class was very interesting. The teacher Rafe was an amazing guy and great teacher. I don't think I ever had a teacher in school that cared that much for their kids. Every student in his class learned a lot from him and will remember it for the rest of their lives. The books he had them read weren't easy books to understand. They were reading the same books I read when I was in my junior year in high school. These kids were in the 5th grade AND English isn't their first language. Rafe not only taught these kids well but he also like to engage them in physical activities, his favorite was baseball. He liked having his students play baseball because everybody gets to bat and get involved. Young kids that live in bad places need teachers like Rafe because he believes that all students can get good grades and get into college. Kids in bad places don't have the best chance in getting far in life. With the right people helping and good role models any kid from a bad neighborhood can be as successful as a kid from a rich family.

No comments:

Post a Comment