Friday, March 9, 2012

Hobart Shakespearians

Hobart Shakespearians

What stood out to me was that most the of the children by ninety percent were Asian or Latino. The teacher Rafe Esquith pedagogy way of teaching strategies and way he used them to teach. Mr. Esquith would use tactic shown early in the film like gain fifth teen points or lose thirty points to get the students to participate. Way literature was used in his teaching was to help the students with a non-English as there first language; to learn by having them read Shakespeare which is very hard to read even for English as someone’s main language. He used sports as a way to show how if you don’t follow the rules you can’t play such as playing baseball. He uses music to help increase reading and math skills. Other methods of teaching by Rafe was social functions, conversation style, money system paying rent, visits from famous people and travel. What can be learned from these students is that there are some good and nice ways teachers will teach their students. Rafe’s philosophy “Is to have three groups, the first who like you, second the ones in between, and ones who don’t like you and don’t like the rules.” My personal goal is to take more responsibility by getting a job sometime during the summer before next year.

2 comments:

  1. I like your goal, I always say I need a job every summer but I never make the attempt to get one but I do hope you do get a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your review and your ideals that you published on your post.

    ReplyDelete