Friday, March 9, 2012

The Hobart Shakespearians

The thing that struck me most in this film was almost all of those young students in Rafe's class are few speak English as a first language, and many are from poor or troubled families. I was really impressed that the book they read in the class I can't read right now. I read one book, and couple essay in English class this quarter, and because my vocabulary are few, so I spent lots of time on it. But the English is not their first language either, and they can understand these books at fifth grade. So as a college student, I think I must improve my English skill immediately. My favorite quote in this film was “ there is no shortcut to study." I agree this idea, because those children already succeed in learning. The goal that I set for myself is I need to stop my bad reading habits, and try to read 2 or 3 books next quarter, and keep in mind that there is no shortcut to study.

2 comments:

  1. Your English will get better! I thought you did a great job with your presentation. There is no shortcuts and I hope you find some good books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally agree overall with your statement.

    ReplyDelete